Are you up for the challenge of exploring a highly intriguing universe filled with puzzles, dungeons, and a plethora of things, powers, and abilities to discover? When XEL launches on PC and consoles in 2022, it will be a game for you to enjoy.
XEL is the latest game to be announced by the publishing team at Assemble Entertainment, and it will join the company’s award-winning lineup. Tiny Roar has been working on it, as they wanted to produce something that was similar to a bright sci-fi “Zelda-like” experience.
Which platforms will be supported by XEL?
In 2022, it will be released for the Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC, and players will be able to explore a lush, bright world packed with beautiful — and occasionally deadly — biomes. Over the course of the game, you’ll be required to solve difficult riddles, explore dark dungeons, and face vicious robots and diverse creatures.
Due to its inspiration from games such as the Zelda series, players should expect to experience an epic and heartwarming story filled with fantastical settings and memorable characters, all set to an emotionally powerful soundtrack composed by composer Gidon Wolff. XEL is currently available for purchase on the Nintendo Switch.
The story of XEL revolves around an amnesiac heroine named Reid, who finds herself stranded in a mysterious world with no recollection of her former existence. Players will accompany Reid as she attempts to unravel the mystery that surrounds this odd realm filled with mysteries, puzzles, and a shaky sense of the passage of time.
The game is played in a typical top-down 3D action-adventure genre with a vibrant color palette and takes place in a magnificent overworld with challenging dungeons.
At various points throughout her journey, Reid will come across attractive and enduring individuals, engage in exciting combat with them, and of course, discover and upgrade an array of useful weapons, tools, gadgets, and moves – some of which may allow her to travel through space and time.
The Indie Arena Booth at Gamescom last year featured XEL, Lacuna, and Super Catboy, among others. The Indie Arena Booth is the world’s largest shared indie developer booth, and it will be the largest in the world this year too.
Key Features of XEL
- Sci-fi Dungeon Diving: The world of XEL features a vast, extensive overworld and challenging, Zelda-like dungeons to explore
- A Deep Combat System: Become proficient at using a variety of attacks and combos, while dodging, and parrying to tackle and take out foes
- Gadgets & Guns: Master and upgrade your weapons, shield, and gadgets to smash your foes and open up new areas to explore
- Deep Lore and a Deeper Mystery: What exactly happened to this world, and who is responsible? Piece together a captivating story and dive into the legends behind the cryptic history XEL
- Spacetime? Not a Problem: Unlock special abilities that allow Reid to bend the rules of space and time, grantingher access to previously impassable areas and opening up new ways to defeat difficult enemies
Do you think XEL will be a good fit for you? Please let us know in the comments or on normal social media platforms.
And, as always, we’ll keep you up to date with any new information as soon as it becomes available. XEL will be released in Q2 2022 for Steam, the Nintendo Switch, the Xbox Series X, and the PlayStation 5 platforms.
Time on Frog Island Is Finally Coming To All Consoles And Switch This Summer!
Persona 6 – What We Know So Far
Lost Away – A First Person Survival Game