PAN Card and Aadhar card are some of the most important documents which Indian Citizens should hold. The Indian Government has asked people to link their PAN card with the Aadhaar card various times. But there were some people who have not linked their Aadhar and PAN. Now the government has issued the deadline for linking PAB to Aadhaar. The last date to link these documents is March 31, 2021. Those who will not link these documents will have to pay a penalty for this.
Penalty for not linking Aadhaar with PAN card
At this time the Government has imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 to the citizens who have not linked both these documents. According to the sources it was found that the government will specify the amount of penalty that will be levied from individuals who will fail to carry out the PAN Aadhaar before this last date. For those who have not linked their Aadhar with PAN here is how you can link these documents.
Steps to follow for PAN& Aadhar link
There are various steps that you follow to link these documents. You can do this manually. Here you will find how you can link your PAN and Aadhaar card with each other.
- First, you need to visit the official site of the Income Tax Department. This is the e-filing portal where you can link your documents. This is incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Later you need to register on it
- Now you need to log in by entering your User ID, password, and Date of Birth. This user is nothing but your PAN card number.
- A popup window will appear which will ask you to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
- Just verify the details
- Click on the link now button
- Now you will get a message which will appear on the screen to inform you about linking.
How to check your Aadhaar is linked with PAN
Follow these steps and you will be able to know your Aadhaar is linked with PAN or not.
- First open income tax site
- Now go to link Aadhaar
- Later you will find an option to check if Aadhaar is linked with PAN
- Now submit PAN and Aadhaar card number
- After submitting a message will display which shows your Aadhaar is linked.
- If it is not then link it.