Blackcaps will be having a pretty tight schedule at this time of the year. Besides three Twenty20s with West Indies, they also have two test matches on the list. If you don’t want to spend your December without cricket, worry no more. Blackcaps have got you covered. After the match with West Indies, they will be facing Pakistan at Bay Oval. Bay Oval will be hosting a test match. “Blackcaps” was chosen as a name for New Zealand’s National Cricket Team.
Events you can look forward to
- West Indies vs Blackcaps Test match 2: 11th Dec 2020 Basin Reserve Wellington
- Blackcaps vs Pakistan 1st Twenty20: 18th December, Eden Park, Kingsland Auckland
- Blackcaps vs Pakistan 2nd Twenty20: 20th December 2020 Seddon Park, Hamilton
- Blackcaps vs Pakistan 3rd Twenty20: 22nd December 2020 McLean Park, Napier
- Australia vs Blackcaps 2nd Twenty20: 25th February 2021 University Oval, Otago
West Indies vs New Zealand 2nd Test Match
- West Indies- Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, John Campbell, Alzarri Joseph, Shamarh Brooks, Jermaine Blackwood, Kemar Roach, Shannon Gabriel, and Captain Jason Holder.
- Blackcaps- Will Young, Kyle Jamieson, Tom Latham, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, Henry Nicholls, Tom Blundell, Daryl Mitchell, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, and Captain Kane.
Test Match News from Hamilton
Will young made the debut everyone had their eyes on since Kane confirmed that Young would play for Kiwis this Test match. And according to the order suggested by coach Gary Stead Young was to do the opening and that’s what happened. Tom Young has suffered misfortune especially when his debut was planned to happen when Kiwis had to play against Bangladesh. But that couldn’t go as planned because of the Christchurch Mosque attack. After that, he hurt his arm and couldn’t travel to England. On the first day of the Test match, West Indies won the toss and chose bowling. Black Caps lost two wickets for a score of 243 in 78 overs.